Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 8 - Geneva to Munich

This is coming to you today with a heavy heart as I just received news from Sarah that my niece-in-law, Chrise Briggs Murrell,  has passed away.  We pray that her husband, Andy, and son, Drew, can find peace.

This morning was an early one.  I got up 4 minutes before my alarm went off, at 4:30 a.m.  We wanted to get on the 6:14 train from Geneva to Zurich, which would connect us to Munich.  Although the train station was only about a 5 to 10 minute walk from the hotel, we took a taxi because it was raining and I just didn't feel like I could deal...  No problems on the trains except that in total we were on trains for 7 hours.  I actually read almost an entire book. Kate caught up on some sleep.  She thinks she can't survive on "only" 8 hours a night. :-)
When we arrived in Munich, David was waiting for us, having arrived about 1/2 hour before (he will be with us now until a week from tomorrow).  We found our way to our hotel and after settling in, set out to show Kate around Munich.  We walked to the Marienplatz which is a huge area of shops and restaurants and the Glockenspiel is also located there.  We found a Bavarian restaurant and Kate and David had Bavarian food and beer while I got some nice ravioli.


Then we continued on our way walking down to and through the marketplace.  I always enjoy seeing the beautiful fresh fruits and vegetables displayed.  It is now asparagus season and everywhere there were displays of "spargel", the white version that is so expensive in the states is everywhere here.  Too bad we don't have a kitchen.

We then returned to our room where we checked out a little televised World Cup Soccer while enjoying a Premier Cru and artisanal goat cheese that Kate and I purchased on our wine tasting excursion.  Hoping that tonight will be an early one as I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment